Thursday, September 6, 2012

Typography Survey

Its interesting to know that the film Titanic, which was created in 1997 has a very attractive typeface on the front cover. I found this movie on the Bement Library and decided checked it out. I had seen this movie before many times but i had never stopped to inspect the front cover. Now that I'm taking typography I tend to go back and identify typefaces on everything I'm familiar with(movies, posters,ect..) Trajan is an old-style serif typeface designed in 1989 by Carol Twombly. I have to say that i was more attracted to rent this movie by elegant and classic appearance of the Trojan typeface itself. Just by looking at the typeface i could tell that the movie was based from old historical event. Trojan seems to give that historical feeling, but at the same time it gives that elegant spark to it. The font function was to simply try to inform me about the real historical event that took place many years ago, and with its elegant appearance make me want to rent it. The quality of the typography seems to be only in caps, and if we look close the serifs tend to bring the letters closer together making easy to read at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment